This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
At Action, we are eager to build on our successful sustainable and social compliance foundation by taking our ambition to the next level. Do you want to take on this new and exciting leading position at our IHQ?
If you are a senior expert with excellent management skills and you can build a clear vision on what can be done to achieve excellence, this might be for you. We are looking for a grounded, humble and ambitious professional to join our international team.
The Sustainability Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of social compliance, ethics, environmental and sustainable initiatives which will ensure Action products meet all aspects of the quality and sustainability strategy.
Do you want to be in the lead of bringing the best products to Action stores? Do you have solid experience in a similar role in a fast paced international context? Are you analytical, have a deep knowledge of EU rules and have outstanding communication skills? If yes, please keep reading.
As a Sustainability Manager you will report into the Head of Product Quality & Sustainability and build your own team of experts in the near future. This will be your main responsibilities:
Policies & Procedures
- Protect business from social compliance and ethical issues ensuring that strategies and processes are up to date, appropriate to country specific legislation and focussed on business needs.
- Ensure all ethical, environmental and sustainability policies, standards and procedures remain relevant and customer focussed and are delivered in line with business expectations.
- Leading focus on short, mid and long term strategic plans to deliver business aspirations in relation to Action Social Responsibility.
Quality & Control
- Define ambition, approach and delivery of Actions supply chain transparency commitments through Direct & Import sourcing models.
- Proactively connects with industry experts and business service provider partners to deliver business ambitions.
- Provides input to determine sustainability targets and initiatives managing policy development where necessary.
- Controls sustainability budget for audits and inspections and influence spend, whilst remaining resourceful and pragmatic.
Systems & Reporting
- Proactively lead and support the development of Action reporting systems internally and externally.
- Maintain integrity of product category data on Action systems, working with sourcing offices to ensure suppliers are compliant in providing complete & accurate information to enable reporting.
- Deliver sustainability requirements into the category in conjunction with buying/quality teams.
- Ensure KPI’s, systems and reporting figures are accurate and robust to publicly protect business position and reputation.
- Leading position in defining new and innovative initiatives in sustainability to support Action’s commercial position.
- Ensure relevant traceability initiatives aligned to sustainability targets are accurate and held for future reference / inspection.
- Act as business ambassador protecting all sustainability, ethical and environmental requirements.
- Researching and keeping abreast of changes within government, non-government, business and voluntary sectors making sure Action remains compliant and relevant.
- Build, support, coach new sustainability team and structure, while building a strong internal and external network relevant for the role.
Our department consists of the following units: Buying, Direct Sourcing, Commercial Planning and Quality. We are continuously scouring the market for new items to surprise our customers, negotiate with suppliers, analyse revenues to find out what is selling and what is not, and create promotions such as weekly or seasonal discounts. We visit our stores (and those of our competitors;) on a regular basis to maintain a feel for what is going on. We maintain close collaboration with the Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal departments. Will you join us on our challenge to keep surprising our customers with a large and diverse assortment? Take Action!
- Excellent communication and influence skills. People management skills.
- You understand the Circular economy philosophy and live up to it.
- Able to analyze data (KPI’s, customer feedback, sales) to shape future strategy.
- Able to manage forward thinking for newness and project delivery and engage others to support you.
- You are willing to travel around Europe when needed and a couple of times a year to Asia.
- Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism.
- Educational level at Academic degree.
- Has a minimum of 8 years’ experience in retail similar role.
- Computer literate, MS Office, PLM experience.
- Fluent in Dutch and English is essential. French and/or German would be advantageous.
- Full time basis 38 hours 5 days a week at IHQ remote work 1 day a week possible.
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours).
- A company car and a company laptop and mobile phone.
- Annual bonusses based on personal and/or business objectives.
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Flexible working hours
- Eligible for a Long term yearly bonus after achieving 3 years at the company.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.