This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Action operates around many stores in Germany and Poland, serviced mainly from our existing DC’s in Biblis (Mannheim area), and Peine (Hannover area). Shortly, our new DC in Bratislava (Slovakia) will be opened to further support our growth as it enables Action to increase the number of stores to shorten lead-times to stores and to reduce distribution costs.
In order to optimize outbound transport to our stores, we will have a local transport team in place headed up by a Team Lead Transport. The Team Lead reports directly to the Logistics Service Manager and heads up a team of dispatchers. The LSM is responsible for the overall service to the Action stores.
1. Process management
- Leading the local transport team and the standard way of working: the processes that apply for transport execution and administration
- Identify bottle necks in the transport operation.
- Solve daily escalations, escalate if needed and initiate improvements for structural mitigation.
- Monitor available capacity of employees and transport partners
- Participate in transport capacity planning process, together with Central Transport Planning and Transport partners (TSP’s).
- Participate and monitor the daily dispatch operation, where transport routes are dispatched to the different transport partners
- Monitor timely departure and delivery and take corrective actions in case of process disturbances (e.g. warehouse delay, or late truck arrival)
- Give support and monitor the administrative tasks in the team: way bill administration, hourly states of drivers, admin of performance and operational data required for self-billing of transport partners and/or performance reporting
- Monitor that transport partners comply with maintenance procedures for the use of Action assets: mainly Trailers.
- Manage the team, by providing the right instructions, support training of new employees
- Participate in several periodic meetings, a.o. weekly DC-meeting, weekly capacity meeting with Central Planning
- Leading the weekly ops meeting with each transport partner.
3. Leading the team
- Lead the team by giving clear directions, taking ownership and responsibility for people, costs and service.
- Actively involved in developing the team and skills of the individual team members by giving constructive feedback, clear instructions, explanations and coaching.
- Creates enthusiastic colleagues by giving clear and realistic goals. Explanation of the impact of behaviour. Creating a positive atmosphere and inspire the team to go for the best performance.
- The candidate should have a solid background in retail distribution in the Polish market;
- Strong knowledge of the local transport market;
- Knowledge of warehouse operations;
- At least 5 years of experience in working with transport partners;
- Bachelor level in combination with at least 5 years of relevant work experience (preferably in a similar role) or Senior vocational level in combination with 10 years of relevant work experience (preferably in a similar role).
- Candidates should preferably be Slovak/ Czech native speaking and fluent in English
- Incorporates a pragmatic and cost consciousness approach in the day to day responsibilities.
- Has the ability to prioritize and solve problems in real-time.
- Is analytical and able to present data.
- Has strong communication influencing skills.
- Is pro-active and eager on opportunities to improve the process
- Works accurately
Dianne van den Dijssel, Recruiter Supply Chain, will review your application and will get back to you asap. When you are selected you will be invited for a first job interview. When we are both enthusiast we will invite you for the second interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. In order to do so we will ask you to take an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!