This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
The Technical Specialist is member of one of the most dynamic Action IT teams and reports to the Manager IT Store Applications. The IT Store Applications team is responsible for all IT components within the Action shops in the 7 countries we are currently operating.
The Technical Specialist monitors applications, software, hardware and connectivity to make our business processes reliable and work smoothly, participating in projects or new implementation to improve efficiency at all levels within the IT store domain in order to support Actions international expansion.
You will align with team members, key users and business process owners to set priorities and clearly understands business needs, continuously scan the applications within scope for further improvement possibilities and communicate conflicting priorities and organize alternatives when necessary.
Curious about your new team members? Michiel van der Helm, Martijn de Leeuw, Christian Groot and Edwin Helmstrijd can’t wait to work with you!
Our IT department adds value with teams for Digital IT, Core IT, Data Analytics & Business Insights, Portfolio & Project management, Architecture and Service Management & Security. We have a clear vision on IT which we translate to practical innovations. We realise our projects with over 350 IT specialists who work for us on a daily basis. Keeping up with the challenges and expansion objectives at Action requires the best talent. Do you want to work on challenging projects within the dynamic world of retail with state-of-the-art technology? Take Action!
- Professional and intellectual abilities at HBO level with a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar roles.
- Preferable 3- 5 years of experience in IT second and third line support.
- Knowledge of retail.
- Proficiency in English is essential, knowledge of French and/or German are an advantage
- ITIL knowledge required.
- Self-confident, strong communication skills at all levels
- Works effectively with internal team members, with colleagues form other departments and with Action’s vendors
- Team player willing to participate in the “on-call schedule” (support in the weekend and evening) once a month aprox.
- 1 year contract with the possibility to extend to indefinite afterwards (fulltime is 38h a week).
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours).
- A company laptop and mobile phone.
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme.
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise.
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy).
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow).
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
Got Q's and need A's?
Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) it may take longer than usual before you receive a response to your application. In addition, physical interviews will no longer take place, but instead we will schedule a telephone conversation with you so we can get to know you better. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.