This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Technical Specialist Store Applications IT
The Technical Specialist is member of one of the most dynamic Action IT teams and reports to the Manager IT Store Applications. The IT Store Applications team is responsible for all IT components within the Action shops in the 9 countries we are currently operating. Team will be growing and we are looking for 2 new colleagues to join efforts! want to know more?
This is your daily action
The Technical Specialist monitors applications, software, hardware and connectivity to make our business processes reliable and work smoothly, participating in projects or new implementation to improve efficiency at all levels within the IT store domain in order to support Actions international expansion.
You will align with team members, key users and business process owners to set priorities and clearly understands business needs, continuously scan the applications within scope for further improvement possibilities and communicate conflicting priorities and organize alternatives when necessary.
Curious about your new team members? Michiel van der Helm, Martijn de Leeuw, Christian Groot and Edwin Helmstrijd can’t wait to work with you!
This is you
- Professional and intellectual abilities at HBO level with a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar roles.
- Preferable 3- 5 years of experience in IT second and third line support.
- Knowledge of retail.
- Proficiency in English is essential, knowledge of French and/or German are an advantage
- ITIL knowledge required.
- Self-confident, strong communication skills at all levels
- Works effectively with internal team members, with colleagues form other departments and with Action’s vendors
- Team player willing to participate in the “on-call schedule” (support in the weekend and evening) once a month aprox.
Meet your team
Action provides a positive workplace with a highly committed, cost-conscious, and customer-oriented, culturally diverse population. We like to work as a team; we live up to our company values with a simplicity mindset in all we do. Our Technology & IT department adds value with centralized teams for Enterprise Architecture, IT Project & Portfolio Management, Development & Operations, and multiple Business Technology (BizTech) teams.
Keeping up with the challenges and expansion objectives at Action requires the best talent. Do you want to work on challenging projects within the dynamic world of retail with state-of-the-art technology? Take Action!
Curious about your new team manager? Elma Vader can’t wait to work with you!
What we offer
- 1 year contract with the possibility to extend to indefinite afterwards (fulltime is 38h a week).
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours).
- A company laptop and mobile phone.
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme.
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise.
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy).
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow).
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!