This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Fulltime, 38 hours a week
Our transport team plans transport movements to our 1700+ stores every day. They ensure an optimal planning from our warehouses to the stores. Efficiency, simplicity and cost consciousness are therefore important values! Are you up for the challenge?
This is your daily action
As a Transport Planner you are part of the Transport team, where you and your colleagues are responsible for the central transport planning of Action. You are involved in planning the transport of goods to, and from, the stores and guiding the drivers executing this. You work with drivers, dispatchers and planners to ensure that the load can depart at the right time. You efficiently work with the available trucks and drivers and, if necessary, you engage external transporters to cover peak moments. In addition, you supervise the proper execution of the planning by checking the progress of the planning and compliance with procedures, guidelines and rules. You keep track of whether the execution is in line with the planning made by you, and switch immediately when this is not the case. To monitor this, you work in different systems such as SAP and Ortec.
You are the first point of contact regarding planning problems, and you support drivers and the loading crew in loading trucks. You do this by combining loads, you monitor the correct execution by the drivers, and you monitor the progress of the planning. If something does not go entirely as planned, you contact the managers or branches and ensure that there is a good solution and settlement of the problems.
In addition, a piece of administration is also part of your duties, such as entering and processing the day-starts and tachograph data.
The Transport Planner is part of the Transport department and reports directly to the Team Leader. The main focus is contributing to a efficiently operating transport organization.
This is you
You like efficiency and have an affinity with Transport. You prefer to work in a dynamic environment and you do not avoid challenges. In addition, you are cheerful and you like to work hard. You are good at applying structure and you’re happy to ensure that everything goes according to the agreements. Precision and accuracy are in your nature.
- You have finished a relevant MBO or HBO education with work 3-5 years of experience in transport;
- Experience in the (food) retail or logistics sector is a plus;
- Good command of the English language in speech and writing;
- Willing to work in shifts.
What we offer
- A one year contract with the possibility of extension to an indefinite contract;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours);
- A travel allowance;
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme;
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise;
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy;
- Working for a dynamic, international organization with lots of opportunities to grow.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!