This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
Fulltime, 38 hours per week
As a Transport Planner at Action, you are involved in creating an optimal planning of the drives from our distribution centers to the stores. Hereby you ensure the optimal combination of drives in order to be able to supply our rapidly growing number of stores with their products on time. Efficiency, simplicity and cost awareness are therefore of greatest importance. Will you take on the challenge?
This is your daily action
As Transport Planner you are part of the Transport team of Action. Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for the central planning of the national and international transport between the stores and warehouses of Action. By being in this central position, you contribute to timely deliveries of our stores or distributioncenter. You’ll ensure the most efficient use of the available transport capacity in our European network and contact external transport suppliers to handle peak moments when needed. During the day you will keep an eye on the execution in our systems, such as Ortec and the Board computer, and you’ll immediately act when things are not going according to plan. You’ll act as a first point of contact for problems surrounding the planning and you’ll support local dispatchers and transport suppliers to stay on schedule. Of course, in collaboration with other colleagues from the planning department.
Furthermore, you and your team are responsible for the transport costs in the planning and you’ll actively take initiatives to optimize our processes.
The Transport Planner is part of the Transport team and reports directly to the Manager Central Transport planning with support of the planning coordinator. The main focus will be on making sure that the planning is as efficiently as possible whilst keeping an eye on costs and performance within our fast growing organization.
This is you
You love efficiency and have a heart for Transport. With your strong planning skills, you are an expert in creating an optimal planning and you actively think along in solutions and improvements. You prefer to work in a dynamic environment and you do not shy away from challenges. In addition, you are happy to tackle things. You are good at applying structure and like to make sure that everything goes according to agreement. Being precise and accurate is in your nature.
- You have a relevant MBO or HBO education;
- At least 3 years of (international) work experience as a Transport Planner;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written;
- Willing to work shifts between 4:00 am and 11:00 pm and sometimes on weekends between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
What we offer
- A one-year contract with the option of extension for an indefinite period;
- 24 paid vacation days (based on 38 hours per week);
- Travel allowance;
- Possibility to participate in a collective health insurance;
- 15% staff discount on Action products;
- Extensive range of courses and training at our own Action Academy;
- A job at a dynamic, international organization with plenty of room to grow.
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
- Our recruiter will review your application and will get back to you asap.
- We’ll invite you for a first job interview.
- We’d like to get to know you better. Depending on the position, we might ask you to take an online assessment.
- We’ll invite you for a second interview to discuss your assessment and you will meet with perhaps one of your future colleagues.
- Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!