This location is about away from you (as the crow flies).Close calculator
As a Unit Planning Manager (UPM) you will be part of the Supply Chain Planning (SCP) department and report to the Head of Supply Chain Planning. The SCP department plays a pivoting role in the core business of Action, being the connecting link between the Commerce department and the European Action Supply Chain network (DC’s, import hubs, crossdock center). The department overarches the end to end supply chain, from suppliers to stores. The SCP department consists of 3 supply planning teams (each managed by a UPM), 1 Capacity and Forecasting team, and 1 Internal planning and Allocation team.
Purpose of the job
A Unit Planning Manager steers a team of Supply Planners and oversees the forecast and inventory planning process to optimize inventory stocking levels and to meet product availability objectives in the assigned categories. This position fulfills a senior role in Supply Chain Management. In that respect, it is pivotal that the jobholder can coach and inspire a team in a motivational way.
Your daily Actions
As a Unit Planning Manager you will make a unit year plan, defining priorities and approach regarding:
- The assigned categories
- (budget) targets: approach to meet the set targets regarding availability and inventory
- The team: team structure, personal and team development plans
- Stakeholders: improve cooperation with Commercial department, suppliers and the
- Capacity & Forecasting team
- Processes: improve process embedding and execution
You will oversee the forecast and inventory planning process to optimize inventory stocking levels and to meet product availability objectives in assigned categories. You will actively give guidance and direction to the tactical demand and supply balancing across the categories and manage the categories on an operational and tactical level.
You will prepare and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets). You will monitor KPI’s regarding process quality, like SKU-forecast accuracy, promo, and new products, while you will monitor KPI’s regarding product availability and inventory levels at the DC’s and the import Hubs, in order to meet the agreed targets and required service levels to the stores. Additionally, you will monitor the OTIF (on time in full) performance of suppliers, in order to achieve a good product availability in the DC’s and import Hubs and increase overall supplier performance.
You will define the planning and prioritizing of projects within your Unit category and will support and contribute to continuous improvement projects within the end to end planning process.
Furthermore, you will actively participate in MT Supply Chain Planning, adding to the broader department (SCP) objectives. You will participate in cross departmental meetings with Buying, Commercial development to discuss performance regarding availability, promo, wew, seasonal. Additionally, you will participate in cross functional projects aimed at strengthening the end to end planning processes and systems. You will participate in the monthly Period Reviews with the Supply Chain director and Head of Supply Chain controlling, and you will lead supplier performance meetings.
You will have a strong track record in steering teams, take the lead, give clear working instructions, plan employees and activities in such a manner that targets are successfully achieved, and the team grows towards more maturity. You will give direct and constructive feedback about the delivered performance and personal development related to future requirements and priorities. You will be responsible for an optimal staffing, recruitment activities and retaining of employees within the department.
You will develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders like Buying, Commercial development, project management, the logistics network, HR, Finance, and with external stakeholders like suppliers.
Who you are
- You have strong communication skills:
- High level of written and verbal English communication skills
- Clear communication taking into account our culture and Action values
- Share relevant developments in a clear and timely manner to all applicable stakeholders.
- You have a need for speed without losing team members along the way
- You have problem solving skills:
- Capable of analyzing problems/ issues and propose and execute solutions in an independent way
- Self starting, pro-active and focus mainly on aspects that can be influenced.
- Result oriented and make it happen mentality.
- Mental agility being one step ahead
- You have excellent time management skills
- Know how to set priorities based upon KPI’s and managerial expectations
- You have influencing skills
- Capable of taking colleagues and relevant stakeholder along in line of thinking and action plan
- Can convince without using hierarchy, but based upon a clear vision/ arguments and facts & figures.
- You are flexible
- You like a dynamic environment and are willing and capable to deal and manage change
- You have a hands on mentality, to get involved with the operation when the need arises.
- You are highly stress resistant, not easily off paced
Furthermore you have:
- Educational/experience level at Master’s degree
- 8-10 years of relevant working experience in supply chain management/ planning, in an (international) retail environment/ or trading company.
- 5+ years experience in managing teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- Language skills: Business level English; Basic level Dutch
What we offer
- Market-based salary
- 24 holiday days and the option to buy 5 extra days a year (based on 38 hours)
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- A company car
- Annual bonus
- LTI program (long term incentive)
- Flexible working hours
- The option to participate within a collective health insurance scheme
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Applying, starting a new job and the location of the (office) workplace has become more digital and flexible at Action, partly due to the developments of Covid-19. During the selection process, we will of course inform you how Action deals with this way of working, both at home and in the office.
Curious what’s next?
Christina Asimakopoulou, Recruiter Supply Chain, will review your application and will get back to you asap. When you are selected you will be invited for a first job interview. When we are both enthusiastic we will invite you for the second interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. In order to do so we will ask you to take an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!