Deze locatie is ongeveer (hemelsbreed) bij jou vandaan.Sluit calculator
Purpose of the job
At Europe’s fastest growing non-food retailer, we are looking for an experienced Regional Transport Manager. France is our biggest market, with over 600 stores and opening new stores and DC’s every year. Our stores are serviced mainly from our four existing DC’s in Moissy (Paris area), Labastide (Toulouse area) and Belleville (Lyon area). We have recently opened our fourth DC in Verierres to support our growth in France, but plans for a fifth DC are already in the making. We offer a dynamic position where you can make a true impact on our organisation. The possibilities are endless at Action!
We are looking for a Regional Transport Manager (RTM) to manage existing and new transport contracts for the French DC’s and to further develop store distribution in France. As RTM you are up-to-date on all transport expertise of the region and will be representing the region in the Central Transport team. As RTM you will work closely with the Transport Service Providers (TSP’s), Store Operations and local DC management in France and with the Central Transport Team at the international headquarters in the Netherlands. Your focus is to manage the performance of the transport operations, both in service as costs (approximately 30 to 50 million per year). In this position you’ll report to the Manager Transport Europe. Responsibilities are outlined below.
Areas of responsibility
- You will help build the future vision of the transport operations in France and provide the best service possible towards the stores in your region.
- Secure transport capacity and scalability based on weekly forecast and operational reality.
- You work closely together with DC management and support the local DC teams with their transport related issues.
- To further help Action grow in France, you will look for bottlenecks in our transport process and come up with solutions on how to overcome them. Optimising procedures and our way of working is therefore an important aspect of the job.
- Build strong relationships and negotiate with our TSP’s together with the Transport Procurement Manager.
- You’ll participate in or initiate projects related to transport in France.
To perform well at this position, it’s important that you can cope with a fast growing and changing work environment. You have a track record within transport and the retailing industry is familiar to you. A high level of pragmatism is key, but you can also identify opportunities to work more efficiently and effectively. You are organised and are able to structure work activities and projects in a professional way, never forgetting about important deadlines. Working together with important stakeholders to achieve your KPI’s gives you energy.
- A solid background in transport with at least 10 years of experience in working with transport partners.
- Knowledge of the retail market and store distribution in the France.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations.
- You can act on both operational as well as a more strategic level.
- Candidates should be French native speaking and fluent in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a regular basis (mainly in France).
What we offer
- Market-based salary
- A company laptop and mobile phone
- A company car
- An annual bonus
- 15% staff discount on Action merchandise
- Extensive education and training at our own Action Academy
Are you ready to take Action? Apply now!
Curious what’s next?
Heidi Hoogland, Recruiter Supply Chain, will review your application and will get back to you asap. When you are selected you will be invited for a first job interview. When we are both enthusiastic we will invite you for the second interview. In that second interview we’d like to get to know you even better. In order to do so we will ask you to take an online assessment. Are we still a great match? Then we’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
At Action we think integrity is of the utmost importance. A pre-employment screening is therefore part of the application process for this vacancy. Contact your Recruiter for more details.