Building a career in retail, preferably as quickly as possible. If that is your dream, Action would love to make it come true. As the store manager of your own Action store, you are a coach and a motivator to your staff and you get the opportunity to grow within our successful international retail organisation.
Captain as well as coach
As a store manager, you and your assistant store manager(s) are in charge of your staff and do whatever it takes to achieve a good revenue together. If you succeed, you are rewarded with a great bonus. In addition to sales and the appearance of your store, you are also involved in stock management and staff deployment. You run your own store. But you also have regular meetings with your regional manager. Who knows, you may be following in their footsteps one day…
Action likes speed. For example, 150 new products are introduced in our stores every week in order to keep surprising our customers. And when it comes to your career, we steer clear of the brakes as well. Our company is growing every year, both nationally and internationally, which offers opportunities for ambitious and talented colleagues. Add to that our own Action Academy, offering tailored training courses that will help you get even better at your job, and it is clear that the sky is the limit with Action.
Here’s how Lindy feels about her job:
“I used to play shop as a little girl. Now it’s a serious job, though there’s enough opportunity to have a laugh. The fact that I can actually affect our revenue with my decision-making, gives me a lot of energy. Plus, I love watching Action conquer Europe step by step. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of that?”
Are you ready for Action?
- You have completed an MBO-4 education or have an HBO-level professional and intellectual ability.
- You have at least five years’ worth of working experience in retail including at least two years in a managerial role.
- You have experience conducting performance and absenteeism reviews.
- Considering our opening hours, you are fine with regular evening and weekend shifts.
- You are down-to-earth, entrepreneurial, cost-conscious and solution-oriented.