Human Resources in Action
Taking care of HR for 46,000 colleagues throughout Europe. Or recruiting tens of thousands of employees for our stores, offices and distribution centres in the space of a year. Plenty of challenges when you work at Action. But the main reason to join Action now, is that you can help professionalise the HR department.
Help build the future
Action has grown so rapidly that we are currently transforming from an old-fashioned HR department to a strategic ‘centre of excellence’. We aim to digitise an increasing amount of HR processes which allows us to reduce our time-to-hire. But we also try to keep our existing staff more involved to improve our retention. Plus, we anticipate new generations in the job market in order to remain a good and modern employer. As long as you can substantiate the added value of your HR project, Action offers a lot of freedom.
Where will your qualities fit best?
Our HR department consists of the following elements:
- Recruitment: recruits new Action employees for our international headquarters and our Dutch country office.
- Compensation & Benefits: responsible for everything salary, bonuses, lease cars and other benefits.
- Learning & Development: organises training courses for store assistants and colleagues over at the distribution centres and offices.
- HR projects: develops various projects to further increase the value our HR department adds to the Action organisation.
- Shared Service Centre: assists our country offices, e.g. with payrolling.
- HR-advisors: each support department has its own HR advisor who monitors the promotion and attrition of staff and constitutes the link between the department and our overarching HR team.
Why Human Resources with Action?
- Dynamic retail industry
- Professionalising the HR department
- International working environment
- A lot of room for initiative